Megan's Mince Pie Cheesecake
MEGAN'S MINCE PIE CHEESECAKE
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
FOR THE CHEESECAKE MIX
300g full fat cream cheese
75g icing sugar
150ml double cream
FOR THE BISCUIT BASE
75g unsalted butter
Dried orange slices
- For the biscuit base, crush the digestives to a fine crumb.
- Melt the butter and add the brandy, stir thoroughly before mixing in the biscuit crumbs.
- Spread the biscuit base evenly into the bottom of a 20 cm spring form cake tin, pressing down firmly. Place in the fridge to firm up.
- To make the cheesecake filling, begin by whisking the cream cheese and icing sugar in a bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the cream and brandy and whisk until the mixture has thickened, then stir in the mincemeat until fully combined.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the biscuit base and smooth over with a knife, then chill in the fridge overnight.
- Once ready to serve, remove from the tin and garnish with the cinnamon sticks, star anise and dried orange slices.